Being it the month of January I always crave for foods like this, not too sure why, it’s not something you’d normally opt for when comfort food comes to mind.
Anyway, I approached my Mum and asked her to talk me through how she made this, she said she hadn’t made it like this before but knew how to. So talking about food my tummy rumbled so I asked if she would make it for me to which she kindly obliged. So here it is…Thanks Mum!
- 1 Cup Rice Flour
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/4 Tsp Papad Khar
- Lemon Juice
- Carom Seeds
- Cumin Seeds
- Green Chilli
- Garlic Paste (optional)
- In a Pot add everything apart from the Rice Flour and bring it to a boil, and boil for about 5-6 minutes.
- Once the Water has changed colour, feel free to add anything you’d like more of.
- Then add the Rice Flour bit by bit and stir vigorously with a rolling pin to break any lumps and ensure it’s smooth as you can get it.
- There shouldn’t be any dry Flour around.
- Then go ahead a give it a little taste test, see what’s missing there’s still time to add a certain something if you’d like.
- Cover and cook on Low-Medium flame for 10 Minutes, stirring in between.
- Make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the Pan.
It’s ready to Eat, Share and Enjoy.
You can garnish this dish in so many ways
You can sprinkle some Chaat Masala or Pickle Masala on top
You can also add Sesame Seeds and a bit of Oil
You can also add finely chopped Onions or Coriander