It’s not Summer, that’s okay. The right time to eat something your tummy rumbles for is right now!
I was really curious when I found out about these. I thought to myself surely you have to bake or deep fry these as you do normally spring rolls..you really don’t.
You simply soak the Rice Paper Wraps for about 40 seconds or so in warm water until they go soft then take it out and place your choice of filling and roll. It’s that simple. I like my Summer rolls very simple. As long as you have your Veggies Prepped these are done in no time, and hey no Cooking required what so ever!
- Rice Paper Wraps
- 2 Carrots – Spiralized or Julienned finely
- Coriander cut finely
- Light & Dark Soy Sauce
- Tomato Ketchup
- Sesame Oil
- Lime Juice
- Bowl of Warm Water for the Wraps
- In a bowl add the Carrots, Coriander, Light Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil, and Lime Juice (add a bit more Sauce if you can, you’ll know why in a bit)
- Give it a taste make sure everything up to par with your pallet. Put to one side.
- Submerge the Wrap into the Water and hold them down, if you don’t then they’ll start to curl.
- Let them sit in the water for about 30-40 seconds, turn the Wrap in a circular motion with your fingers, you’ll get a feel when they’re soft.
- When they’re soft take them out, hold it as if you’re hanging up clothes on a washing line.
- Place the wrap onto a plate, place the filling on the side closest to you.
- Tuck the Wrap around the filling once then fold in the edges, then continue to roll upwards. Repeat the process.
- If you have some Sauce left from your filling then great!
- Pour the Sauce into a bowl add Dark Soy Sauce, Tomato Ketchup and Honey – and you have your own dipping sauce!!
They’re ready to Eat, Share and Enjoy.Feel free to add in whatever your heart desires for the filling.