This has been my go to Breakfast as of late, it is winter and sometimes you just fancy something warm. Breakfast bowls are the best. This is such a rich and creamy Breakfast also very filling too! Best thing about this is that it is Vegan! Oh and FYI this makes a great dessert too!
- 2 Tsp Coconut Oil/Vegan Butter
- 40g Semolina
- 220ml Milk of your choice, I prefer Coconut.
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon Powder (optional)
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg Powder (optional)
- Chopped or Flaked Nuts or your choice (Almonds, Cashews, Pistachio)
- Maple syrup
- Chopped Fresh Fruit of your choice or Berries (optional)
- Heat the Oil/Butter in a pan.
- Add Semolina and roast for 2-3 minutes on Low to Medium heat stirring constantly. When you notice a change in the colour and it starts to look almost like Sand, go ahead and add in the Milk.
- Keeping it on a Low-Medium flame, keep stirring.
- Add Sugar and Spice.
- Keep mixing everything until you have the constancy you desire.
- Take out into a bowl add the Nuts, Maple syrup and Fruits/Berries if using.
It’s ready to Eat, Share and Enjoy.