I absolutely LOVE these Dhokras. I could eat these everyday. There are so many varieties of Dhokras, but these by far are my favourite, they’re so soft and spongy and they’re ready in no time!
- 1 Cup Semolina
- 1 Cup Yogurt (I used plain Alpro)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp ENO
- 1 Tsp Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Sugar To Taste
- 1 Tsp Green Chilli Paste
- 1 Tsp Ginger Paste
- Lemon Juice/Citric Acid
- Sesame Seeds (optional)
- Red Chilli Powder (optional)
- Very finely chopped Carrot (optional)
- In a bowl add the Yogurt, Semolina, Salt, Sugar, Oil, Lemon Juice or Citric Acid, Green Chilli & Ginger Paste, and finely chopped Carrots (if using)
- Mix well, and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile add some Water in a steamer, get it boiling and grease a plate and put it aside.
- Once the batter has rested add in the ENO and Water (be sure not to sprinkle the ENO on the batter, place it in one area and pour the Water directly onto the ENO)
- Mix until you see foam in the batter and it looks light and aerated.
- Spread into the greased plate and sprinkle some Sesame Seeds and Red Chilli Powder onto the batter if you’re using.
- Steam on high for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the gas and let it site for a further 5 minutes.
- Take out the Dhokra and let it sit for a further 5 minutes (you don’t want to be cutting into steaming hot Dhokras, or else it’ll just get stuck to the knife!
It’s ready to Eat, Share and Enjoy.I like to enjoy mines with a drizzle of Oil & a sprinkle of Pickle Masala.