I recently ordered a Teddy Bear mould for Chocolates but thought I could probably make these Turmerics Bears instead.
I’m putting health first this year, making all the stops. Despite the fact Gujarati cuisine requires Turmeric by default I wanted to take a more concentrated version of it. I normally take 1 at night before I sleep, I believe it works better overnight as we don’t consume anything it works better, whereas my Mum prefers to take it in the Morning on an empty stomach.
This is a VERY MESSY process, I would recommend perhaps wearing something old, and using an old kitchen towel also have some newspaper at hand.
- 2 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 3-4 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1-2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper crushed
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Pinch of Salt (I used Pink Himalayan Salt)
- Icing Sugar (optional)
- Make a double boiler .
- In the Bowl add in the Coconut Oil to melt it.
- Add in the Turmeric Powder, Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper and Salt.
- Ensure everything is well combined.
- Add in the Maple Syrup.
- Spread a newspaper on a table and pop the mould on top of it so if anything does spill it’ll go on the newspaper.
- Spoon the Mixture into the mould.
- Place the mould into the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Once they’ve set, you can take them out and dust them in some Icing Sugar and place it into a bottle and keep in the fridge.