I personally think storing cans of different types of Beans is key for those lazy days where you don’t want to be slaving away in the kitchen or you just fancy shaking things up and want something different. Feel free to replace the Butter Beans with Red Kidney Beans or Mixed Beans or your favourite type of Beans.
- 1 Can of Butter Beans
- Half a Red Chilli finely sliced
- 2 small Tomatoes finely cut
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 2-3 Tbsp Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
- 1 Tsp Garlic paste
- 1 Tsp Ginger paste
- 1 Tsp Green Chilli Paste
- 1 Tsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Tbsp Coriander and Cumin Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- Handful of Coriander for garnish
- Add Oil into a pan.
- Once heated add in the Mustard Seeds let them splutter then add in the Cumin and Carom Seeds.
- Then add the Asafoetida and the sliced Red Chilli and Onion.
- Saute until soft and translucent.
- Now add in the Garlic, Ginger and Green Chilli Paste and fry it off until the raw smell goes away.
- Then add in the Turmeric Powder and Coriander and Cumin Powder.
- Let everything cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the Tomatoes and Tomato puree. Mix well cover and cook until the Tomatoes get mushy and you see Oil being released around the edges.
- Then add in the Salt and Red Chilli Powder.
- Add in the Butter Beans.
- Let it cook covered in the tomato gravy for 10 minutes.
- Add in the Water.
- Cover and cook until the Beans don’t get soft and you can easily break the Beans with your spoon. About 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with Coriander.
It’s ready to Eat, Share and Enjoy.