When the weather is as cold as it is I have always turned to Soups when I’ve fancied something cosy, light yet filling and something I know is healthy and clean for my insides. Plus side is that it doesn’t even take that long to make 30 minutes tops, it can also be Dinner too served along side with some nice crusty Bread. The pictures don’t do it justice, but it really is delicious. A nice big warm Hug in a Bowl.
- Handful of Asparagus roughly chopped
- Handful Green Beans topped , tailed and roughly chopped
- Handful of Coriander roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/8 Tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1/8 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/8 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger Paste
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Paste
- 1/2 Red Chilli finely chopped (keep some aside for garnish)
- 400ml of Veg Stock/Water
- Black Pepper to Taste
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
- Pinch of Turmeric
- In a hot Pan add Coconut Oil.
- Once the Oil is hot add Cumin Seeds, Garlic, Ginger, Red Chilli and the dried Herbs.
- Cook it off for about 30 seconds.
- Add the Greens (Beans, Asparagus & Coriander) Cumin Powder, Turmeric and Black Pepper.
- Cook all of that for about a minute or so.
- Add in the Veg Stock or Water.
- Give everything a good stir and have a taste, this is the time where you can add whatever your heart desires, more spice or a touch of lemon.
- Close the lid and let it gently simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend it all up and it’s done!
It’s ready to Eat, Share and Enjoy.Garnish with the remaining Red Chillies, fried Garlic, Coriander or some Oil.