Sometimes, you need to make curries that are ready in a jiffy, and today is that day for me.
I’ve recently gotten into cleaning (don’t ask) I have to thank my wonderful friend Sukh for introducing me to a lady called ‘Mrs Hinch’ on Instagram. If you don’t know of her, you will now. She is the Queen of Cleaning. So, she inspired me to clean. I’m cleaning floors, I’m cleaning tables, I’m cleaning kettles, I’m even cleaning the washing machine. I’m currently cleaning the Kitchen, which to me is priority as I spend most of my time there. So these days I’m making quick dinners so that I can clean more (go on, say it…I’ve gone gaga 🙈😔)
Back to this Curry!!
This Curry is so tasty and so fast, the only time you’ll be doing hard labour is whilst chopping up the Cauliflower.
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- Pinch of Asofetida
- 1 Tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 Tsp Green Chilli Paste
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Paste
- Cauliflower (1 small or 1/2 a medium or 3/4 of a large) chopped
- Salt To Taste
- Red Chilli Powder To Taste
- Coriander & Cumin Powder To Taste
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- Sugar To Taste
- 1/3 Cup Peas
- 5-6 Baby Plum Tomatoes or 1 small Tomato chopped
- In a hot pan add Oil.
- Once heated add in the Mustard Seeds let them crackle.
- Add in the Cumin Seeds and Asoefiteda.
- Then add in the Garlic, Ginger and Green Chilli Paste.
- Fry that off for about 30 seconds until the raw small doesn’t go away.
- Then add in the chopped Cauliflower.
- Mix well, cover and cook on medium high for about 5 minutes.
- Add in all the dry spices, the Salt Sugar, Coriander and Cumin Powder the Turmeric Powder and Red Chilli Powder.
- Mix everything well and add in the Peas.
- Cover and cook for a further 10 minutes stirring in between, cook until the Cauliflower florets are easily breakable with a spoon, ensure not to let them go mushy.
- There should be some sauce/liquid in the pan, cook everything uncovered for a few minutes until it evaporates.
- When the Cauliflower is cooked and there’s no more liquid, turn off the gas and add in the chopped Tomatoes.
- Mix well and garnish with Fresh Coriander.
It’s ready to Eat, Share and Enjoy.