So, this was actually an impromptu dish.
The story goes like this…I was asked to cook something in the Sabras kitchen, so I ended up making Daal Khichdi I was talking to a fellow colleague and a close friend and soon came to realise she doesn’t eat carbs! So I thought to myself, I’m not letting her go hungry even if it means making something simple but I will make something for her. So all night I was scratching my head thinking what to make! I don’t know why but randomly Butter Beans came into my mind, then I thought, what do I do with it?
The next day I did a shop before I went to work, and thought to myself I’ll figure it out when I get there.
So, the scene is…I’m in the Kitchen, I have made the Daal Khichdi and now I am standing in front of the stove with a Frying Pan a can of Butter Beans, Peppers, Onions and Baby Sweetcorn and I got hit my the light bulb moment and thought…Oh Stir Fry!
So thus Butter Beans Stir Fry was born!
- 1 Can of Butter Beans
- 2-3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1/4 Tsp Dried Thyme
- Pinch of Salt
- Squeeze of Lemon/Lime
Your Choice of Veggies finely sliced
- Baby Corn
- In a pan add the Oil, once the Oil is hot add
- Dried Herbs, Salt and Veggies.
- Saute for a couple of minutes until soft yet still have a crunch.
- Then add the Butter Beans.
- Cook uncovered for 5-10 minutes, until you can easily break with a spoon, then turn off the gas and to finish the dish squeeze some Lemon/Lime Juice.
It’s ready to Eat, Share and Enjoy.