Winter; Cold, grey and shorter days, this is the perfect thing to dig into.
Today I just had one of those days where I wanted something different and comforting, like a big hug in a bowl. I don’t know what it is about cold winter days, I feel so lazy and tired and just don’t want to be lingering around the kitchen for a long time.
I knew exactly what I wanted though. I wanted all the yummyness of Lasagne in the form of a Soup! It’s doable, and tastes divine! Best thing about it is that you can add veggies according per your taste and use any type of Pasta.
How cute are these?!
When I saw them I instantly went ‘haaaw’
These are let’s face it mini Lasagne Sheets.
- 1 Tbsp Oil
1 medium Red Onion sliced
- 1/2 Courgette Chopped
- 3 medium sized Brown Mushrooms chopped (Brown Mushrooms work best as they’re meatier)
- 1/4 Cup Soy Mince
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Peas thawed (this is a rough measurement as I forgot to measure)
- 2 Tbsp Frozen Sweetcorn thawed (this is a rough measurement as I forgot to measure)
- 3 Small Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Oxo Cube
- 1 Tsp Dry Coriander
- 1 Tsp Dry Oregano
- 1 Tsp Dry Parsley
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2-3 Cups Water
- 1/4 – 1/2 Cup Pasta (you can use more or less and any type of Pasta)
- Salt to Taste
Prep: Blitz the thawed Peas and Sweetcorn into a Paste.
- In a Pot add in the Oil
- Once the Oil is hot go ahead and add in the Onions.
- Saute the Onions until they’re nice and soft.
- Add in the Chopped Garlic Clove and cook until slightly brown.
- Now add in the Pea and Sweetcorn Paste.
- Stir every well for about a minute on low flame.
- Now add in the Soy Mice, Mushroom and Courgette.
- Mix everything well, might be slightly difficult as it’s a dry mixture, but patience is a virtue here and perseverance is all you’ll need!
- Let this cook about a minute or so stirring in between.
- Time to add the Tomato Puree and Herbs.
- Once added give everything a thorougher stir to ensure everything is coated well.
- Cover and cook on Low-Medium heat for a couple of minutes stirring in between.
- Now go ahead and add in the Water, give everything a good stir.
- Add Salt, stir well and taste to make sure everything is up to your liking.
- Now add in the Pasta.
- Bring the water to a slow simmer and cook the Pasta until you get the texture you desire.
- All done!
It’s ready to Eat, Share and Enjoy