Soft, fluffy, bright white Rice. This can either make a dish or break it.
I remember, many moons ago when I wasn’t Vegan, my Mum would make Buttery Rice with Peas, and that’s all it took for my soul to smile. It’s funny how sometimes we seek solace in the most simple dishes.
Oh! Make sure you wash your Rice thoroughly and soak it! Trust me, soaking the Rice helps. If you have 30 minutes, great, if you have more time to soak it, even better!
It feels like it’s taken me a lifetime to figure out how to make perfect rice every single time.
Normally the Water is doubled from the amount of Rice you have. Not for me, oh no. You can of course double or triple the recipe be mindful to ‘upgrade the pot’ as you seem fit, or else there’ll be an overflow of Water, and we don’t want that.
- 1/2 Cup of Rice (I used Tilda Basmati)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil (this is what will make the Rice bright white)
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1+1/2 Cup Water
- In a Pan add in all the ingredients listed above.
- Turn up the flame to the highest and stir everything well.
- Bring Water to a Boil.
- Once the Water has boiled and you can see a slight ‘foam’ gathering into the centre, turn down the flame to the lowest, close the lid and set your timer for 10 Minutes.
- After 10 minutes are up, leave it be for another 5/10 minutes.
- It’s done!
It’s ready to Eat, Share and Enjoy!